So. You want to start vaping, but you don’t know much about it. So many products and variations. What does it all mean? Relax. We’re here to help, welcome to Vape 101.
There’s really just a few things you need to know:
How much nicotine are you looking for?
- You can get anywhere from 0-24 milligrams of nicotine from your vape. The amount of nicotine that you are going to want will depend on how many cigarettes you smoke (if you are trying to quit smoking) and whether you are going to be vaping on a regular e-cig, or a sub-ohm e-cig. Regular e-cigs can vape any nicotine level, whereas sub-ohm e-cigs should only vape up to 12 milligrams of nicotine. Any higher than that, and you will most likely be over-loading your body with nicotine, in which case, you could get the jitters and overdose yourself.
2. What is your set-up?
- Your set-up matters a lot. It will determine how much nicotine you will use, whether you will need to buy cartomizers or atomizers, what kind of coils you will need for your atomizer (cartomizers come standardized), and what other kinds of accessories you may need.
*A cartomizer is what you call the vaporizing part of a regular e-cigarette.
*An atomizer is what you call the vaporizing part of a sub-ohm e-cigarette.
3. Do you want to use a regular e-cig, or a sub-ohm e-cig?
- How do you really decide on which e-cig is right for you? Well, do you want a lot of vapor, or a little? How much do you smoke? Or are you one of those kids who wants to up their trick game?
- If you are a heavy smoker, and you are serious about quitting, then we suggest that you go with a sub-ohm e-cig. Those are what will give you that big, thick, concentrated vapor. It is perfect both for quitting smoking, and just having some fun.
- On the other hand, if you are a lighter smoker, or are hesitant about switching over, then we suggest that you go with a regular e-cig. Those cost less, but will allow you to dip your toes into the pool.
- You need to pay attention to the coils that you use. Different coils have different levels of resistance. Those different levels of resistance produce different amounts of vapor. However, the resistance needs to be matched with a certain wattage range, which will depend on your set-up. If you go outside of those ranges, that could be dangerous. Read the section below, called “COILS”, for a safety run-down.
Now, this final point is very, very important. If you do not take care as to which coils you are using on your e-cig, you could end up with mis-matched parts. The use of mis-matched parts can lead to either your set-up being ruined, or it can lead to serious physical injury. It is very important that you consult with your local shop as to which coils you should use. Bring your e-cig in with you, just to be sure there are no incidents.
~~~~~Live – Learn – Educate~~~~~